- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and diced (approx 4 medium potatoes)
- 2 large or 3 medium leeks, cleaned and diced (approx 4 cups diced)
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion (approx 1/2 small onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (approx 1 tablespoon)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme
- 7oz plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: chives for garnish
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, except for the Greek yogurt and lemon. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove the thyme sprigs. Using an immersion blender, blend ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Stir in Greek yogurt and lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: garnish with chives
Keep yogurt close to room temperature before incorporating into the soup to prevent curdling.
(recipe re-tested and edited for deliciousness and accuracy, January 2017)
- Serving Size: Serves 8