An easy, one-pan meal, this sheet pan chicken potatoes and green beans is the perfect nourishing dinner for a busy weeknight. Marinated in za’atar spice, this chicken is packed with delicious Middle Eastern flavor.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons za’atar spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 1.5 lbs
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, zest, za’atar and salt. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of marinade and set aside.
- Combine remaining marinade and chicken in a Ziploc bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add potatoes and green beans to baking sheet. Drizzle reserved marinade over top and toss to coat.
- Drain excess marinade from chicken. Evenly space chicken out on top of vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake until potatoes and green beans are tender and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 33-38 minutes.
- Use the biggest baking sheet you have! The one I used was 20 1/4″ x 14 1/4″.
- If you can’t find za’atar spice, use another spice blend you have on hand – this could also work well with an Italian spice blend (like oregano, thyme, marjoram). Rosemary and sage would also work well alone or in a blend for this dish!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: sheet pan chicken potatoes, sheet pan chicken green beans, sheet pan chicken potatoes green beans