This homemade roasted vegetable pizza is easy to make for a quick dinner and is topped with oven roasted vegetables like eggplant, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and zucchini.
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced eggplant (and roughly chopped if large slices)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional, for topping: red pepper flakes, oregeno, parmesan cheese
- Let pizza dough sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss onion, eggplant, bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic with olive oil, salt and pepper, to coat. Bake until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place pizza stone in oven (if using) and increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F.
- Turn out pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface and using lightly floured hands or rolling pin, flatten out the dough into a 12-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place dough onto a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or a piece of parchment paper lined on the back of a baking sheet. If you’re not using a pizza stone you can simply place the dough onto a cornmeal dusted baking sheet.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly over the dough, leaving 1/2-inch rim around the edges. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with roasted vegetables.
- Using a pizza peel or parchment paper on the back of a baking sheet, slide your pizza onto the pizza stone or another baking sheet.
- Bake until crust is golden-brown and cheese is bubbling and just starting to brown, about 7-10 minutes. If using parchment paper, remove halfway through baking time and rotate pizza.
- Remove pizza from oven, cut into slices, and serve immediately.
- Optional: Top with red pepper flakes, oregano, and / or parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- This roasted vegetable pizza is best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat the pizza, simply place it in a preheated oven (350°F) for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through, or air-fry it! Pizza can also be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to three months.
- To keep the pizza from getting soggy, layer the vegetables on top of the cheese, and be sure to roast them first.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted vegetable pizza, roasted veggie pizza, pizza with roasted vegetables