- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pour the hot water over the diced red onion in a small bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain well and add to a medium sized glass or plastic bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Keeps up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Great as an appetizer served with chips/veggies or served as a topping for eggs or chicken.
Recipe Courtesy of Meme Inge, Living Well Kitchen