- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (approx 10 dates)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder for dusting (raw) OR
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips +
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- In a food processor, add dates, pecans, ginger, molasses, cacao powder, cinnamon, cloves and allspice and pulse to crumb-like consistency.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto wax paper or parchment-lined baking sheets. Store in freezer for 20 minutes or until chilled.
- Remove truffles from freezer and use one of the options for coating below:
- Add cacao powder to a plate and roll each truffle in the powder until coated OR
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat, whisking frequently until melted. Turn off heat and place the balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate until coated. Remove and return truffles to parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep chilled.
To save time, use 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice in place of ginger, cinnamon, cloves and allspice.