Ready in just five minutes and loaded with nutrition, this pomegranate smoothie is sweet and creamy thanks to the coconut milk and has a hint of spice from the fresh ginger.
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (canned)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- In a high-speed blender, add pomegranate seeds, frozen banana, grated ginger, coconut milk and pomegranate juice.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy, about 60 seconds.
- Optional: garnish with extra pomegranate seeds.
- Use a frozen banana to make it extra creamy (and cold!). If you don’t have a frozen banana, use a room temp one but add a few ice cubes too.
- If you have time, freeze the pomegranate seeds ahead of time so that the smoothie is extra cold and frosty!
- Grate fresh ginger for a stronger spicy kick! If you don’t have fresh on hand, use 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger as a substitute.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
Keywords: pomegranate smoothie, smoothie with pomegranate