- 2 Hachiya Persimmons, skins on, roughly chopped
- 2 Bartlett Pears, skins on, roughly chopped
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 2 1/2 TBSP melted coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg*
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and nuts in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp melted coconut to combine oat mixture.
- Beat egg with almond milk, agave nectar and vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- In a cast iron skillet, use 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to lightly grease the bottom and sides of the skillet.
- Layer 1/3 of the oat mixture on the bottom of the skillet, followed by half of the persimmon and pear.
- Repeat this step and then sprinkle the last 1/3 of the oat mixture over the top of the fruit.
- Pour the milk mixture over the entire mixture, and give the pan a little shake to distribute evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until the oat mixture is golden brown and fruit is fork-tender.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Top with plain or vanilla yogurt
To make vegan, use 1 flax egg (1 TSBP of ground flax seed + 2.5 TBSP water, let sit for 5 minutes)