This oat flour banana bread can be prepped in one bowl in just 10 minutes. Super moist and delicious, this gluten-free bread is made with sweet ripe bananas and nutty oat flour!
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted or softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large or 4 medium very ripe bananas (about 1 1/4 cups mashed)
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper (the spray helps the paper stick).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter and brown sugar until combined
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Using the end of the whisk or a fork, mash in the banana, leaving it as chunky or smooth as you prefer.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Using a spatula, mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- If using chocolate chips and/or walnuts, fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top of the batter.
- Bake until top is browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55-65 minutes. Baking time will vary slightly depending on the ripeness of the bananas you use – start checking at 50 minutes, and every 5 minutes after that.
- Set the loaf pan onto a wire rack and let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Holding the parchment paper sling, lift the loaf out of the pan and onto the cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing.
- For a smooth banana bread, mash the bananas in a separate bowl until no lumps remain and then whisk into the batter.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or on the counter in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you want to extend the shelf life of the bread, you can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag before storing in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oat flour banana bread, banana bread made with oat flour, gluten free banana bread