These Irish soda bread muffins are an Irish girl’s DREAM. Imagine the flavor of Irish soda bread with the fluffy texture of a muffin. This recipe is perfect to have around for breakfast, especially during St. Patrick’s Day weekend!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Add liners to muffin pan or generously spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and caraway seeds until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg, and butter until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and gently mix until just moistened (do not overmix). Gently fold in raisins.
- Spoon batter (about 1/3 cup) into each well. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan onto wire rack to cool further.
- Serve warm with butter and/or jam.
Keywords: Irish, Soda Bread, St. Patrick's Day