- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1, 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Rice, for serving
- Optional: sesame seeds and green onion for garnish
- In the Instant Pot, add olive oil and set to Sauté. Sauté chicken until slightly browned, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and let sauté until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add bell pepper, pineapple chunks and juice, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Secure lid onto Instant Pot. Close the steam vent (should be on sealing). Set to high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, use quick release valve to release steam.
- Once pressure is released, open lid and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water until slurry is formed. Stir cornstarch slurry into chicken mixture.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté until mixture is bubbling and thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve chicken with rice.
- Optional: Garnish with sesame seeds and/or green onion.
How to make sweet and sour chicken in the slow cooker:
- Add all ingredients (except olive oil, corn starch and water) to slow cooker and set to low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. After chicken is done cooking, add cornstarch slurry to slow cooker to thicken mixture.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: sweet and sour, chicken, instant pot, Chinese