- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced*
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 6 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock if vegetarian)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add butter to Instant Pot and set to Saute function for 6 minutes. Once butter has melted, add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add cremini and shiitake mushrooms and set Saute timer for 8 minutes. Stirring occasionally, cook until mushrooms brown and start to release their juices, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add white wine.
- Add dried porcini mushrooms, bay leaf, thyme, and chicken stock.
- Secure lid onto Instant Pot. Close the steam vent (should be on sealing). Set to high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow natural pressure release for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, use quick release valve to release steam.
- Once pressure is released, open lid and carefully transfer soup to high-speed blender to puree to your desired consistency.
- Pour soup back into Instant Pot and turn on Keep Warm function. Stir in cream.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
*Any 2 lb. mixture of mushroom varieties will work but I think cremini and shiitake offer the most flavor.
*To save time, use a food processor to slice mushrooms (or buy sliced mushrooms).