- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 16 ounces frozen butternut squash (about 4 cups cubed butternut squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch sage leaves, about 16–20 leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté function and add butter. Once melted, add shallot, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir to coat. Cook rice until toasted, about 2 minutes. Turn off Sauté function and add wine to deglaze the pan. Continue to stir until most of wine is evaporated.
- Add broth and squash and set Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook (High) for 6 minutes.
- While pressure cooking, prepare the sage: in a small fry pan heat the oil on medium high. Once hot, add half of the sage leaves to the pan and fry for 1 – 2 seconds. Repeat with the remaining leaves. Place them onto a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt.
- Use quick release valve to release steam.
- Once pressure is released, open lid and stir in parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide risotto evenly into bowls. Sprinkle fried sage over top.
- Category: Risotto
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: risotto, butternut squash, instant pot, holiday, vegetarian