Ready in just 10 minutes, this Instant Pot Asparagus is an easy side dish packed with flavor from the garlic, lemon, and parmesan!
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Place trivet into Instant Pot. Pour water into pot.
- Place half of asparagus in an even layer on top of trivet so that spears are perpendicular to the trivet. Place the other half perpendicular to the first layer of spears.
- Drizzle olive oil over spears and add garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon slices.
- Pressure cook for 0 minutes (asparagus will cook while the pot comes to pressure).
- For thin spears or medium spears with a crisp texture, use quick pressure release. For medium to large spears and a more tender texture, use natural pressure release for 1 minute and then quick pressure release.
- Remove asparagus from the pot and sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving. If desired, season with more olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Asparagus leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot asparagus, how to make asparagus in instant pot