Perfect for a delicious, festive salad for the holidays, this kale salad with pomegranate is studded with citrus, Brussels, pecans and topped with a bright, tangy and creamy Greek yogurt dressing. Ready in less than 20 minutes!
For the salad:
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, de-stemmed and chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 small or 1 large satsuma, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon satsuma (or other citrus) zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Dressing:
- Combine apple cider vinegar, orange juice, honey, olive oil, Greek yogurt, and zest, in a mason jar and shake until combined and consistency is smooth. Alternatively, whisk ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
For the salad:
- In a large bowl, add kale and amount of dressing desired. Massage kale until the leaves begin to wilt and are reduced in volume by about half, approximately two minutes. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss quickly to combine.
- Add additional dressing, salt, pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
- If you’re making this salad on a budget this year, buy the whole ingredients and do the prep yourself because you’ll save money this way. Just know that this salad make take you a little longer than 20 minutes to make if you go that route, but should still take no more than 30 minutes. If your goal is to save as much time as possible, purchase pre cut kale, pre shredded Brussels, and pomegranate seeds (vs. the whole pomegranate).
- If you can’t find satsumas, you can use clementines or tangerines as a substitute! Any orange or grapefruit citrus variety will work here.
- If you’re vegan, use plain soy yogurt in place of the Greek yogurt.
- If you’re serving this as an entree salad, it should serve about 3. If you’re serving this on salad plates, it should serve about 5, and if you’re serving this at a party buffet style, it will probably serve 8. Assuming you would most likely serve this on salad plates, I put 4-6 in the yield of this recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: kale salad with pomegranate, kale salad for holiday, holiday kale salad