- Trimmed outer leaves from 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 small bunch Lacinato Kale, washed, stems removed, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds)
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seed oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss Brussels sprout leaves with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- In a medium sized bowl, add kale, lemon juice, pumpkin seed oil, salt and pepper.
- Massage kale using hands for about 2 minutes, or until leaves have wilted down.
- Add walnuts, pepitas and apple. Toss to combine.
- Top salads off with crispy Brussels sprout leaves before serving.
To toast walnuts, add walnuts to a small frying pan over medium heat. Let cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant, tossing occasionally.