- One 13-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- summer vegetables of choice (I used bell peppers and asparagus)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a high speed blender, add roasted bell peppers, almonds, tomato paste, sherry vinegar, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and olive oil and blend until desired level of smoothness. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a grill or cast iron pan to medium-high. Toss vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper until evenly coated. Place vegetables on grill or grill pan. Grill vegetables, tossing every 2-3 minutes, until slightly tender and charred, about 5-8 minutes total. Season vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve vegetables warm with romesco sauce on the side.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Side dish
Keywords: romesco, sauce, vegetables, summer, grilling