- 1 pineapple, skin removed and sliced into 6–8 slices
- 1 mango, halved and scored into cubes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the sorbet, whisk all ingredients to a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat until smooth, and sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate several hours until completely cold. Pour into ice-cream maker and churn according the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the sorbet is churning, heat outdoor grill or grill pan. Add pineapple slices and mango halves (cut side down). Cook about 3- 5 minutes until beginning to soften and grill marks appear. Flip over and continue cooking on the other side for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- *Keep an eye on the fruit to make sure it does not burn. Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly before serving with sorbet.
- *Leftover sorbet can be transferred to a freezer safe container and kept for 5-7 days in freezer.
- *If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour sorbet mixture into a frozen shallow metal pan. Freeze, preferably on the top shelf where it’s the coldest. Every 45 minutes remove the sorbet and whisk vigorously with fork or hand mixer. Repeat until desired consistency (about 4-6 hours).
Recipe Courtesy of McKenzie Hall of Nourish RDs