- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dates, pitted (about 4 Medjool dates)
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- ¼ cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and salt until combined.
- In a food processor, add dates and pulse until dates are in small pieces and stuck together. Add to the oats mixture.
- In a small bowl, add brown rice syrup, molasses and Thrive® Algae Oil and warm in the microwave (about 30 seconds) and whisk to combine.
- Pour brown rice syrup mixture into the oats and stir well to combine, separating the dates as you stir, until ingredients are completely coated and start to stick together in clumps.
- Pour mixture into parchment-lined pan and use wet hands to firmly press mixture into pan.
- Bake bars at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes for chewy granola bars (or 25-30 minutes for crunchier bars).
- Let bars cool completely in the pan. Use parchment paper to help remove bars from the pan and using a sharp knife, cut into 8 pieces.
Optional: For even more flavor, toast oats and almonds at 325 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
If dates are not soft, soak in hot water for 10 minutes to soften before adding them to food processor.
I baked my bars at 25 minutes and they were just the right texture to me.