- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 cups milk or non-dairy milk alternative (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Optional: whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, egg, milk, molasses, cloves, allspice, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in oats and 1/4 cup pecans.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until puffed and center is just set, about 45-55 minutes. During last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle remaining pecans over top.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave with some additional milk splashed on top.
- Optional: serve with a dollop of whipped cream and dust with extra cinnamon.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: oatmeal, gingerbread, baked, holiday, christmas