- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (or unsweetened non-dairy milk alternative)
- Cooking spray
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 english muffins, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until translucent and tender. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until eggs are fully beaten and incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9×13-inch rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Pour egg and vegetable mixture into the pan. Bake at 375 degrees F until eggs are fully cooked and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove eggs from oven and let sit to cool to room temperature.
- Place sliced english muffins on a baking sheet, cut side up, and place in the oven until edges are toasted, about 4-6 minutes.
- Using a biscuit cutter (or large drinking glass), cut eggs into rounds to fit english muffins. Use leftover scraps to pile onto sandwiches or make extras.*
- Assemble sandwiches by placing an egg round onto an english muffin, topping it with a slice of cheese, and covering it with the other half of the english muffin.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly with foil. Use a permanent marker to write down the date on top of the foil. Store wrapped sandwiches in a Ziploc bag or container.
- To reheat sandwiches, place on a paper towel-lined plate (to help absorb the ice melting) and heat in microwave until egg is fully heated and cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. You could place the top of the english muffin in the toaster if time permits for a toasted texture.
- Sandwiches can last in the freezer for up to one month.
- Alternatively, you could cut the eggs into even squares if you don’t care about the eggs fitting the english muffin perfectly. Or, you could save leftover scraps for salads, stir fries, etc.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: make ahead, freezer, breakfast, sandwich, vegetarian