This fall harvest salad stuffed acorn squash is the perfect flavor combination for a hearty and nourishing fall or winter meal, and it makes for a festive side dish or starter for the holidays!
- 3 acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing squash
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 container Little Leaf Farms Baby Spring Mix (4 ounces)
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place acorn squash halves cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake squash until tender and caramelized around the edges, about 50-60 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl or mason jar, whisk together shallot, vinegar, dijon mustard and honey until combined. Slowly add olive oil while whisking until emulsified, or shake all ingredients in the mason jar until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Little Leaf Farms Baby Spring Mix, farro, cranberries, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and goat cheese and toss to combine.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing and toss to coat.
- Generously fill acorn squash bowls with dressed salad.
- To toast pecans, bake in the oven at 350 degrees F until fragrant, about 7-10 minutes OR place nuts in a pan on the stovetop over medium heat and cook until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes.
- If you don’t want to dress the salad all at once, you could drizzle the dressing over top of each stuffed acorn squash before serving.
- To make vegan, omit goat cheese and substitute with vegan cheese alternative or avocado.
- To make gluten-free, swap farro with a gluten-free grain like quinoa or brown rice.
- If using large squash, you may need to increase the baking time to 60-75 minutes, or increase the temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: salad stuffed acorn squash, fall acorn squash recipe, fall harvest salad with squash, holiday stuffed acorn squash