- 3 day-old everything bagels, chopped into bite-sized pieces*
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large or 1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6 ounces or 4 cups baby spinach (fresh or frozen!)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved OR 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon Everything But The Bagel (EBTB) Seasoning*
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Optional: sliced scallions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Add spinach and sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, add bagel pieces, onion and spinach mixture, cooked bacon, tomatoes, cheeses, and bagel seasoning.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and dijon mustard until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bagel mixture to baking dish. Pour egg mixture over top. Evenly distribute cream cheese over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until edges are golden brown and center is set or reaches 160 degrees F, about 45-55 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with scallions, as desired.
- To make vegetarian, omit bacon.
- Bagels should be stale – cut into pieces ahead of time and let sit out overnight. Alternatively, you can bake bagel pieces at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes until crispy.
- If you don’t have EBTB seasoning, you can omit it (I made it without and was still flavorful!) or you can make your own using poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt!
- You can make this dish ahead of time – after step #5, cover and refrigerate for up to overnight. Let casserole sit out for 15 minutes before putting it in the oven.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Casserole
Keywords: everything bagel, casserole, breakfast, bacon