- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 loaf day-old bread, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional: maple syrup for topping
- In a wide-rimmed bowl, add coconut milk, flaxseed, vanilla, and cinnamon, whisk, and let set.
- Heat coconut oil on a griddle over medium-low heat.
- One side at a time, dip slices of bread into the batter, leaving no spots untouched.
- Transfer slices to the griddle and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
- Optional: Drizzle french toast with maple syrup.
I usually add 1/2 the amount of cinnamon at first and once the batter is about half way gone, I add the rest so that each slice of french toast is equally cinnamoned (new word).