- 1 cup coconut milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 loaf day-old bread, sliced (make sure the bread is vegan)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional: maple syrup for topping
- In a wide-rimmed bowl, add coconut milk, flaxseed, vanilla, and cinnamon, whisk, and let set for 5 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil on a griddle over medium-low heat.
- One side at a time, dip slices of bread into the batter, leaving no spots untouched.
- Transfer slices to the griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
- Optional: Drizzle french toast with maple syrup.
- Cuisine: breakfast
Keywords: vegan, french toast