- 1/2 lb. whole-wheat or brown rice pasta
- 1/2 lb. frozen pre-cooked, deveined shrimp, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces asparagus (1 bunch), tough ends trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 9 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, as desired
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water before draining.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, let cook for 30-60 seconds, or until fragrant. Add asparagus and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until just tender. Add sun-dried tomatoes, shrimp and pesto. Turn heat down to low.
- Drain pasta and add pasta and reserved pasta water to pan and toss to coat. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Add parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, as desired.
- Serving Size: Serves two