- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candies (about 12 peppermint puffs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer, add butter and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and mix at medium speed for another minute.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined (on low speed if using stand mixer).
- Stir in the chocolate chips and crushed peppermint using a wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, roll into balls about 2 tablespoons in size and place 2 inches apart on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden brown.