- 9 ripe avocados
- 3 large limes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Optional toppings:
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- i bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bag frozen mango chunks, defrosted and chopped (or use fresh if in season)
- 1 container cojita cheese or crumbled goat cheese
- 1 container salsa
- 1 bag frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- Hot sauce or tomatillo hot sauce
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds and scoop out flesh into a large bowl. Mash avocados using a fork until you reach your desired level of smoothness. Add lime and salt and mix until combined throughout.
- Assemble your desired toppings into small bowls around the guacamole. Set aside a big bowl of tortilla chips, for serving.
To save leftover guacamole (and keep it from going bad), store in an airtight container and pour 1/2 inch of lukewarm water over the surface of the guac. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days and when you’re ready to eat, simply pour the water off.