- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 8oz Neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- Optional: lemon rinds for garnish
- In a food processor, pulse together dates and walnuts to a fine, crumb-like consistency. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and divide walnut mixture evenly between cupcake liners. Press the walnut mixture down into the liners to form a crust-like consistency. Store “crust” in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add neufchatel cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar, matcha powder and lemon zest and using an electric mixer, beat to a smooth consistency.
- Divide cheesecake mixture between cupcake liners mixture and spoon over top of crust.
- Let sit in freezer for 30 to 60 minutes or refrigerate overnight to set. If frozen, let cheesecake sit out on counter for 20 to 30 minutes to defrost before serving.
Keep in the refrigerator until right before ready to serve. If these stay out at room temperature too long, they start to lose their firm consistency.