With layers of dark chocolate and pumpkin flavored almond butter, these almond butter cups make for the perfect fall or halloween treat!
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Pumpkin Almond Butter
- Optional for garnish: dry roasted, salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or Maldon sea salt
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring frequently until just smooth. Remove from heat.
- Cover the bottom layer of each liner with approximately 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate. Let sit in the refrigerator until hardened, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 tablespoon of maple pumpkin almond butter on top of hardened chocolate. Smooth nut butter out so it forms a flat disc shape.
- Cover the nut butter layer with another ~1 tablespoon melted chocolate. Smooth top chocolate layer with a spoon as necessary. Sprinkle a handful of pumpkin seeds or Maldon sea salt on top of each cup. Let sit in the refrigerator until hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You may need to reheat chocolate before the second layer if it begins to harden.
- Feel free to use regular almond butter or peanut butter as a substitute!
- The coconut oil isn’t necessary but I find it helps to melt and spread the chocolate.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Halloween
Keywords: almond butter cups, chocolate almond butter cups, pumpkin almond butter cups, chocolate pumpkin almond butter cups, dark chocolate almond butter cups