Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and oh-so-chocolatey. These tahini chocolate chunk cookies are everything you’d want in a cookie PLUS the nutty flavor of tahini.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- Maldon sea salt (or any coarse sea salt) for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Use a nonstick baking sheet or lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix sugars together and add tahini and butter and mix until incorporated.
- Add in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, stirring until mixture is creamy and all lumps are gone.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet all at once. Mix just until there is no more visible flour in the dough or on the bottom of the bowl (do not over-mix).
- Fold the chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Drop dough (about rounded tablespoon) onto baking sheet, spacing balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
You can use a stand mixer but I found that mixing by hand produced the best outcome!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip, tahini