Ready in less than 20 minutes, this chicken pesto flatbread is super easy to make. Perfect for a weeknight dinner when strapped for time!
- head of roasted garlic
- 2, 3-ounce pieces whole-wheat naan bread
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 tomato, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- optional: basil leaves, for garnish
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread roasted garlic and then pesto onto flatbreads.
- Evenly distribute chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella between flatbreads.
- Bake on the pizza stone (or a baking sheet) at 425 degrees F until flatbread is crispy and cheese is bubbling, about 8-12 minutes.
- Optional: garnish with basil leaves
- To roast the garlic: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Take a whole head of garlic and trim about 1/4-inch off the top so that each garlic clove is exposed. Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons olive oil onto exposed garlic cloves and wrap the head of garlic with foil. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes. The center clove should be soft when pierced with a fork. Let the garlic cool before using.
- If making vegetarian version, you can substitute chicken with white beans, jackfruit, or seitan.
- If making a vegan version, you can use a non-dairy cheese alternative.
- Leftover flatbread pizza can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat leftover flatbread, bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
- You can also store leftover flatbread in the freezer for up to three months. Wrap slices individually in plastic wrap and then store in freezer container or freeze slices first on a sheet pan and then transfer to a freezer bag.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken pesto flatbread, easy chicken flatbread, chicken pesto flatbread pizza