- 1 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch cubes (approx. 4 cups chopped)
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 French baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 ½ cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 24 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butternut squash, 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, pumpkin pie spice, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer butternut squash to baking sheets and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush both sides of bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Transfer bread to two baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping slices over halfway through. Let bread cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add sage and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until leaves darken and the edges just begin to curl. Set sage aside on a paper towel to dry.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir in ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper to cottage cheese.
- To assemble the baguettes, spread cottage cheese on top bread (approx. ½ tablespoon) and add a spoonful of butternut squash over top. Top each slice with a sage leave for garnish. Serve immediately.