- 1 lb dry pasta shells
- 1 lb bag frozen cubed butternut squash (or can use 1 lb fresh butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In the Instant Pot, add pasta, butternut squash, vegetable broth, water and salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Secure lid onto Instant Pot and set to pressure cook/manual for 5 minutes.
- Use quick release valve to release steam.
- One pressure is released, open lid and stir in nutmeg, dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, half & half, and cheeses, until combined and butternut squash breaks apart into the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mac and cheese, macaroni and cheese, butternut squash, instant pot