- 1 large or 3 small onions, sliced OR 1/2 cup caramelized onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices whole-wheat naan bread
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Optional: balsamic reduction for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add butter to large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a handful or two of sliced onion at a time, stirring until translucent, adding another handful or two at a time, until all onion is used up. Turn down heat to medium-low, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes, or until onions are mostly browned and caramelized.
- Add butternut squash and Brussels sprouts to parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Brush naan bread with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide mozzarella cheese, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, gorgonzola cheese and caramelized onions between the four pizzas.
- Bake on pizza stone or baking sheet for 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and bread is crispy.
- Optional: Drizzle with balsamic reduction.