Naturally thickened with chia seeds, this strawberry chia jam is quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious paired with peanut butter on toast!
- 1 lb strawberries, stems removed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add strawberries and agave to a medium pot and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for approximately 10 minutes, or until strawberries are cooked down. Mash the strawberries with a fork or potato masher to create a sauce-like consistency. Cook down for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chia seeds and let sit to thicken and cool, about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
Adapted from How to Make Chia Jam by Oh My Veggies
- Category: Jam
- Cuisine: Spread
Keywords: jam, strawberry, chia