A seasonal fruit crisp you’re definitely going to want to make this summer! This Blueberry Peach Crisp is mouthwatering and contains a special ingredient for a flavor boost – basil!
For the crisp:
- 1 pint blueberries (about 2 cups)
- 5–6 peaches, peeled and cubed (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 8 basil leaves, chopped (about 2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
For the topping:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add blueberries, peaches and basil to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add sugar, flour, and lemon juice, and toss fruit to coat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly pour in melted butter while stirring until mixture is crumb-like.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over fruit, leaving large clumps intact.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until juices are bubbling and topping is golden and firm to touch, about 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Crisp will keep for 3 days at room temperature and up to 5 days covered in the refrigerator.
- You can use frozen blueberries and peaches to make this crisp but make sure you defrost them before baking.
- To make this gluten-free, use all purpose 1:1 gluten-free flour for the topping and use cornstarch for the fruit filling, and make sure the rolled oats are certified gluten-free.
- To make this vegan or dairy-free, use a plant based butter alternative.
- You can leave peaches unpeeled if you want to save time and an extra step. You can also slice them instead of cubing – your preference!
- If you don’t have white whole-wheat flour, just use all-purpose flour instead.
- I love serving this crisp warm with vanilla ice cream but you could also serve it alongside crème fraîche or whipped cream!
- I also enjoy serving this crisp cold over yogurt for breakfast in the morning.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Summer
Keywords: blueberry peach crisp, summer fruit crisp, blueberry peach basil crisp, gluten free blueberry peach crisp