This asparagus and leek quiche makes for a quick and easy dinner or brunch recipe – perfect for Mother’s Day, bridal showers, baby showers, and Easter brunch!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (about 5 ounces), tough ends trimmed, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 large leek or 2 small leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 9-inch prepared pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add asparagus and leek and sauté for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is slightly tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Greek yogurt, and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place prepared pie crust on a baking sheet (to avoid any spillage while baking). Sprinkle Gruyère cheese evenly over crust. Top with asparagus and leek. Pour egg mixture over.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the edges are set but it still jiggles a little in the center, about 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Quiche can be served warm, at room temperature, or cold.
- To store: once quiche has cooled to room temperature, wrap tightly with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to three months (although best texture will be used after 1-2 months in freezer).
- To prepare quiche ahead of time, sauté vegetables and make egg mixture. Mix asparagus and leek with egg mixture, stir in grated cheese, and store in the refrigerator overnight until ready to bake.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Spring
Keywords: asparagus quiche, asparagus leek quiche, spring quiche