- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 cups almond milk (or cow’s milk or non-dairy milk alternative)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 medium apples, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, egg, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in oats, apples, and 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until puffed and center is just set, about 45-55 minutes. During last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle remaining walnuts over top.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave with some additional milk splashed on top.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ginger)
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Fall
Keywords: baked, oatmeal, apple