Perfect for the fall, this apple pie baked oatmeal is a cozy, delicious make-ahead breakfast for the week. Made with diced apples, rolled oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, it’s reminiscent of warm apple pie flavors!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples, divided (about 1 1/2 cups finely diced and 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts, divided
- Optional: Greek yogurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10×7 or 9×9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond milk until combined.
- Stir in oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in finely diced apples and 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish and add remaining chopped apples and walnuts over top.
- Bake oatmeal at 350 degrees until puffed and center is just set, about 45-55 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before serving (oatmeal will continue to set as it cools).
- Serve warm or cold with a dollop of Greek yogurt for serving.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds with some additional milk splashed on top.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Fall
Keywords: apple pie baked oatmeal, apple baked oatmeal, apple pie baked oats