- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, sliced in half
- 2 cups shelled English peas (or can sub frozen green peas)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon balm vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring salted water to boil in a large saucepan. Blanch peas for 1 minute and using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ice bath. Remove peas from ice bath and set aside.
- Boil asparagus for a few minutes until tender and transfer to the ice bath. Remove asparagus and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine asparagus, peas, mint, lemon zest, olive oil, lemon balm vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make vegan-friendly, omit feta cheese.