Almond butter protein balls are a delicious, quick and healthy snack that can be meal prepped in less than 20 minutes. Easy to grab-n-go, these protein bites are packed with almond butter, oats, flaxseed and maple syrup.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flaxseed, almond butter, maple syrup, dried cranberries, chia seeds, coconut, and salt until combined (mixture will be slightly sticky but will harden in the refrigerator).
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes (this helps harden the mixture to form balls more easily).
- Using a packed cookie scoop (or 1 generous tablespoon), form mixture into balls using your hands.
Store balls in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 6 days or freeze and thaw at room temperature the day before.
- If mixture is too sticky, add more flaxseed (1 tablespoon at a time). If mixture is too dry, add more almond butter or maple syrup, or even water (1 tablespoon at a time).
- If you want your protein balls to be sweeter, you could substitute dried fruit for chocolate chips.
- You could skip the refrigerator step if you don’t have the time but the balls will be harder to form.
- Prep Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Snack
Keywords: almond butter protein balls, almond butter protein bites, protein balls with almond butter, almond butter energy balls