Kohlrabi fries are the most delicious way to use up the kohlrabi in your CSA or from your farmer’s market. With options for both the air fryer and baked in the oven, there’s fries for everyone!
- 1.25 lbs kohlrabi (about 1 large or 2 small-medium kohlrabi), peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add kohlrabi, olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt, and toss until kohlrabi is evenly coated.
For the baked kohlrabi fries:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly space out kohlrabi onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake, flipping halfway through, until kohlrabi is tender and browned on the edges, about 25-30 minutes.
For the air fryer kohlrabi fries:
- Place kohlrabi into air fryer basket and shake basket to ensure fries are spaced out across the entire basket.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook, shaking basket every 5 minutes, until kohlrabi is tender and browned on the edges, about 12-17 minutes.
To prepare the kohlrabi:
- Using a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife, remove the outer tough peel.
- Cut the kohlrabi in half lengthwise.
- Placing the cut side down, slice kohlrabi vertically into 1/2-inch slices.
- Cut slices of kohlrabi into 1/2-inch matchsticks.
- We have a Phillips XXL Air Fryer that has a 3 lb / 4 qt capacity. Please note that cooking times may vary between different Air Fryer manufacturers.
- Try to cut kohlrabi into evenly-sized matchsticks to ensure even cooking. If some fries are larger, these will take longer to cook, while the smaller ones will brown/burn faster.
- Crowding the air fryer will result in a longer cooking time and more uneven cooking. Make sure the fries have some air pockets between them.
- Store kohlrabi fries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Make sure fries are completely cooled before storing in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kohlrabi fries, baked kohlrabi fries, air fryer kohlrabi fries, kohlrabi fries in oven, kohlrabi fries in air fryer