- 2/3c water
- 1/2c sugar
- 2/3c lemon juice
- zest of one lemon, finely grated
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3c wild blueberries (defrosted)
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add the lemon juice, zest and thyme and let sit until completely cool, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the blueberries using a blender. Once the lemon-thyme syrup has cooled, remove the thyme sprigs, and add to the blender and blend to combine.
- Pour liquid into a shallow glass baking dish and place in the freezer. Every 45 minutes, stir the semi-frozen mixture with a fork until firm, about 4 hours. Before serving, scrape the surface with a fork until granular crystals form. Scoop and serve.
- (Pretending you’ve been transported to the tropical destination of your choice, optional.)
- Serving Size: 1 cup