- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1/2 cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cane sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep all vegetables. Combine all vegetables (saving 1 sweet potato for later) in a large baking dish.
- Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, rosemary & thyme. Bake in pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a frying pan over low heat. Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl and add to pan. Move the egg mixture around the pan with a spatula as it cooks so that the wet mixture is exposed to the heat. Remove eggs from heat once they look close to being cooked.
- As the eggs are cooking, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the sweet potato cubes and let cook on one side for at least 6 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Then flip potatoes over to cook on the other side. Sweet potatoes should be crispy and browned.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, combine with eggs. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Serve with whole-wheat bakery bread.