- 24 mini phyllo shells
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup) & divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped herbs, like basil or thyme (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Place the mini phyllo shells on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Spread the tomatoes in a colander and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let drain for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the phyllo cups with half of the cheese. Bake for 3 minutes and remove from oven.
- Place the tomatoes on paper towels, and pat dry. Season the tomatoes with the black pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place in the phyllo shells. Top with chopped pecans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese has melted and phyllo cups are lightly browned. Sprinkle with fresh herbs if using. Enjoy!
*You can use regular tomatoes, but be sure to chop them small enough so they fit into the mini phyllo cups
*I used cheddar to test the first recipe and parmesan to test it the second time. Both are delish!
*Nuts are optional but add extra richness & flavor
*Best if enjoyed immediately.