- 3 ears freshly shucked sweet corn
- 1 Vidalia onion (or sweet onion), cut into rings
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 ounces smoky cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush corn, onion, and bell pepper lightly with olive oil. Grill over medium-high heat 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Allow grilled vegetables to cool then cut corn kernels off the cob and roughly chop onion and bell pepper. Toss ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Toss in arugula, tomato, and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
You can easily substitute smoky cheddar cheese for your favorite sharp cheddar, goat cheese, or feta cheese.
Recipe Courtesy of Holley Grainger