I am excited to share my first Recipe ReDux post with you all. Recipe ReDux is the first and only recipe challenge group founded by registered dietitians. Each month I will be creating a recipe based on the month’s theme. I was so excited to start off the first Recipe ReDux by making a summer beverage.
It all started with fresh picked blueberries from Tangerini’s Spring Street Farm.
That gave me the inspiration to make this summer beverage:Print
- 8 lemons
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small bunch basil (approx 24 large basil leaves)
- 2 L sparkling water
- Optional 2 lemons for garnish
- Squeeze 8 lemons for lemon juice.
- Using an immersion blender, blend blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, and basil until blended well. Add juice to pitcher and fill with 2L sparkling water.
- Optional: Use 1 lemon to add lemon slices to pitcher. Use the remaining lemon for garnish on glasses.
For a refreshing summer cocktail, add 1.5 oz vodka per drink.
While drinking, it is appropriate to let out a satisfying ahhhh.
This drink is perfectly refreshing for the summer. The blueberries and basil pair well together and are in season this time of year. Making this beverage was my first time using an immersion blender and it was definitely worth the investment. It blended everything very well.
The blueberry basil lemonade fizz quenched my thirst and desire to taste those fresh local blueberries after a long day of berry picking.
This summer drink would be a big hit at your next summer BBQ or party!
What is your favorite summer beverage?