For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Tempeh:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 block of tempeh
- Canola oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
For the Quick-pickled Cabbage:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ~3/4# purple cabbage (about ½ a medium head)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Crushed peanuts
- Green onions
- Crushed red pepper
For the Quick-Pickled Cabbage:
- Combine all ingredients except cabbage in a saucepan and heat until liquid begins to simmer.
- Thinly slice cabbage and place in a bowl.
- Pour hot liquid over shredded cabbage and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Dice sweet potatoes and steamed tempeh into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Combine sauce ingredients and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir mixture until a smooth sauce forms, adding water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches a thin, potable consistency.
- In a large bowl, toss roasted sweet potatoes and tempeh with the peanut sauce.
- Pile tempeh-sweet potato mixture into tortillas and top with Quick-pickled Cabbage and other optional ingredients.
Recipe Courtesy of Kayli Dice, Plant Eaters’ Manifesto