Ultra hearty and satisfying, this Easy Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac is the perfect game day meal, just in time for the Super Bowl!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced*
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces whole-wheat elbow pasta
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Optional toppings: Greek yogurt, cilantro
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and set to saute function for 5 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, cumin, chipotle powder and salt and stir to combine. Add in garlic and set to saute for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, kidney beans, elbow pasta and vegetable broth and stir to combine.
- Secure lid onto Instant Pot and set to pressure cook/manual for 5 minutes.
- Use quick release valve to release steam.
- Once pressure is released, open lid and stir in cheeses until melted and combined.
- Optional: serve with chopped cilantro and dollop of Greek yogurt.
This recipe has some kick to it! Be sure to remove the ribs and seeds of the jalapeno pepper to make it less spicy. Or, you can always leave it out if you’re not feeling the heat!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: vegetarian, instant pot, chili mac