Super crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, these air fryer chocolate chip cookies are perfect for when you want to make a few freshly baked cookies at a time!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
- Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F (by setting the air fryer to 5 minutes at 350).
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl), cream butter and sugars until combined.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, and mix in vanilla.
- Gradually add and mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- Add chocolate chips (and walnuts, if using) and mix until incorporated.
- Line air fryer basket with parchment paper (with holes or gaps for even air flow). Drop cookie rounds onto parchment paper.*
- With air fryer preheated, air fry cookies until golden-brown, about 6 minutes. Remove basket from air fryer and let cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Your air fryer size will determine how many cookies per batch. I found that five cookies per batch worked best with my air fryer.
- Cooking time may vary by air fryer but I would aim for 5-7 minutes. I found 5 minutes were just slightly undercooked and 7 minutes were a little too crispy for my liking.
- Parchment paper flying up and hitting heating unit of the air fryer could be a fire hazard. To avoid this, make sure you do the following: Cover at least 2/3 of the parchment paper with dough. This looks like covering all four corners with dough and then 1 or more balls of dough in the middle, depending on the size of your air fryer. Use a piece of parchment paper that allows for some air flow – this could be buying air fryer parchment paper (that has holes pre cut) or taking the time to cut some holes in your piece of parchment paper.
- You can store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for 4-5 days or store in the freezer in an airtight container or freezer storage bag for up to 3 months. Be sure they are completely cooled when storing them in the freezer.
- The dough will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- To freeze cookie dough, scoop the dough into balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for one hour and then once hardened transfer to a Ziploc bag to continue freezing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
Keywords: air fryer chocolate chip cookies, how to make cookies in air fryer, air fryer cookies