- 16 oz whole-wheat fusilli pasta
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- ½ tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 8 oz ciliegine (cherry sized-mozzarella balls, quartered)
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook for 12-13 minutes or until desired texture. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a food processor, add basil, hemp oil, Parmesan cheese, hemp seeds, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse to combine.
- In a large serving bowl, toss pasta with pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese until pesto evenly coats the pasta. Serve at room temperature.