Air fryer whole chicken is super crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Only one hour of hands-off cook time and you’ve got chicken for days!
- 1 5lb. whole chicken, giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- On a clean surface, pat chicken dry using paper towels. Remove giblets from cavity.
- Rub seasoning all over chicken.
- Place chicken, breast-side down, in air fryer. Set temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Set air fryer timer to 50 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook for another 10 minutes, or until internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- You can save or freeze giblets to make broth at another time.
- We have a Phillips XXL Air Fryer that has a 3 lb / 4 qt capacity and we are able to fit a 5 lb chicken in there. If you have a smaller air fryer than 3 lb / 4 qt, I’d recommend getting a smaller chicken around 3 or 4 lbs.
- If using a smaller or larger chicken, adjust amount of seasoning used accordingly.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
Keywords: air fryer whole chicken, air fryer chicken recipe, whole chicken recipe